Monday 10 August 2015

What I'm Loving: Summer Edition

It’s been a fair few months since I posted a round-up of all the things I have been currently loving, so I thought it was about time that I rectified that situation. During the summer months when I am free from coursework and lectures, and therefore have more time to myself I feel that I really get to discover some new loves, and rediscover some old ones.

Finding a TV show these days that I haven’t already watched is quite a difficult task, however I was determined this summer to be on the hunt for a new show to binge watch. I fancied something a little bit different from the usual teen drama that I usual watch, and wanted something more in the realms of Suits – which is a show that I am also loving at the moment, and have been for the last few couple of years! I stumbled across Mad Men purely by chance, and gave the pilot a watch and from there I was sold. I love everything about this show: the 1960s glamour, the exciting setting of New York, and most of all the complicated and mysterious Don Draper. For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, Mad Men is set in an advertising agency on Madison Avenue in the 1960s and follows the tumultuous life of creative director Don Draper, and the high pressure environment of both his career and family life. As well as Don, beautifully played by Jon Hamm, there is a range of dynamic characters, including my personal favourite, Joan, who is the type of career woman I aspire to be!



Believe it or not, up until a couple of weeks ago I had never had frozen yoghurt, and now that I’ve tried it I don’t understand how I have lived so long without it! A couple of weeks ago I was on Southbank with one of my best friends and we happened upon a Snog van and after telling Jess that I had never actually had a frozen yoghurt before she insisted that it was an absolute must. Being a novice, I let Jess take the lead in constructing our masterpiece, which resulted in the original flavour of yoghurt with raspberry and fudge brownie toppings and completed with a salted caramel sauce. I can report that it was absolute delicious, and frozen yoghurt has been on my mind ever since. I also highly recommend this specific venue, just a short walk along from the London Eye on Southbank – which is a permanent favourite of mine – Snog have converted an old bus into the cutest environment to enjoy this frozen treat.

Another favourite that I am annoyed at myself for not realising sooner, and that is the wonders of H&M. Over the last couple of months I have been shopping in H&M quite a bit and every time I come out with pieces that I am so happy with, and at such affordable prices. The H&M that I have at home is massive meaning there is an amazing range of all their different departments. I love the summer ranges they have in, from really cute summery dresses and playsuits to the extensive choice of styles in their swimwear. I have always been a Topshop and Zara lover, but in recent months I have become a complete H&M convert. In the past I have often neglected H&M due to the fact that the store layout is often quite jumbled but I think that it is worth the effort of having a good look through to find the, sometimes, hidden gems

What I am loving to listen to can be summarised and explained by my ultimate favourite thing of the summer which was the festival I attended at the beginning of June. With all of my best friends from university we attended No Tomorrow Festival, and John Newman was headlining. I can honestly say that dancing and singing along to John Newman with the sun setting around me with all my best friends was one of my favourite memories from my whole year. Just as sitting on the hill with a cider in hand, sunglasses on, swaying along to James Bay was a moment I will always remember for being truly content and happy. John Newman has some amazing up tempo songs which make you want to jump along and sing at the top of your voice, and James Bay at the other end of the spectrum is so calming and comforting and his music is what I have been turning to when I want something relaxing and something to make me smile.


















Overall I am very happy with the collection of shows, food, clothes and music I have loved for the last few months.  But most of all I am happy with the memories I have made, the people I have spent time with and the things that I have been planning and looking forward to in the future. Even though the weather in the UK gave up a long time ago, summer is not over yet and there is still so much more I have yet to experience and enjoy, and I can’t wait to document it all here for you and for myself.

Thank you all so much for reading, and until next time,



B xx

1 comment:

  1. Not been to a festival in years. My partner hates them the crowds the camping getting dirty and I can't get enough of it. Don't think you can beat listening to live music whilst the sun is going down singing along with your friends.
    Looks like you had a blast!
    Carrieanne x
    http://www.beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete